Konnov & Sozanovsky advises clients on a broad scope of issues related to specific business transactions and the business activity in general in different areas of business.
Comprehensive Legal Consulting
- Optimizing transactions in view of business risks and costs;
- Conducting legal due diligence of various targets;
- Drafting of investment schemes.
- Conducting negotiations on the conclusion of various types of agreements;
- Analysis of various types of agreements;
- Drafting of sales, services, lease, loan, investments, agency, distribution etc. agreements;
- Advising on different types of contractual security.
International Business Transactions
- Advising foreign clients on the business start-ups and business activity peculiarities in Ukraine, business optimization schemes;
- Drafting and expertise of contracts for the international sales of goods, rendering of services, international agency, distribution, lease, loan, franchise etc. agreements;
- Advising clients on customs matters, applicable customs regulations, export/import transactions, customs clearance of goods, representation of clients before customs authorities in respective disputes arising out of export-import transactions;
- Advising on transactions involving debt instruments.
- Drafting of individual and collective labor agreements, bylaws related to labor issues;
- Advising on labor compensations and social security payments;
- Representation of clients in labor disputes.
- Advising clients on the issues of obtaining licenses, certifi cates and other respective authorizations issued by the Ukrainian authorities;
- Drafting and filling of documents and performance of all actions necessary to obtain the respective authorization;
- Representation of clients in disputes arising in connection with the issuance of authorizations.
Specialists of commercial law and contracts department provide consultations to leading international and Ukrainian companies such as DHL Ukraine, ECALL, EMF NFI, Intel Ukraine Microelectronics, LG Electronics Ukraine, Logoplaste Ukraine, Mitsubishi International GmbH, Microsoft Ukraine, Oriflame, PZU Ukraine, Tupperware,Telf AG, UPS
Konnov & Sozanovsky, First Law International exclusive partner law firm in Ukraine, and the law firms Linklaters (Poland), Alrud (the Russian Federation) and Grata (Kazahstan) acted as Ukrainian legal counsel to FLI’s client NFI Empik Media & Fashion on the acquisition of the Maratex group of companies, an owner of retail network of stores of casual dress (Esprit and Peacocks).
Konnov & Sozanovsky, First Law International (FLI)’s exclusive partner law firm in Ukraine supported the project on the expansion of the Network of Book Supermarkets «Bookva». The firm’s team of lawyers participated in negotiations of lease agreements; advised on commercial activity of the client; represented interests of the client before the courts of Ukraine and advised on debt financing.
Konnov & Sozanovsky conducted legal due diligence of the internet provider in Kiev, Industrial Media Network closed joint-stock company (IPNET). The firm’s team advised on the transactional documents related to the acquisition of a controlling share of this provider by the Soudelor Limited (Cyprus), telecommunication company FTH Corvette-Telecom Limited.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised a Polish-based client – LSP – on the entry to Ukrainian market of educational services and launching of the network of language schools Speak Up. The firm advised the client on structuring of the transaction, establishment of a joint venture with the individuals-investors, prepared investment agreement, credit facilities agreement, handled all necessary registration procedures and advised on other legal matters being the transactional advisor.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised the purchaser on USD 11 million acquisition of non-residential premises in the centre of Kiev. The firm has advised on contractual and real estate matters pertaining to the transaction, represented the client in negotiations with the seller and on the sale and purchase agreement, including its subsequent registration with the authorities.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Caterpillar Financial on a USD 50 million inter-group term loan facility. In particular, the firm’s advised the client on the structure of the agreement, assignment of the agreement to the new lender, and registration of the agreement with the National Bank of Ukraine.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Caterpillar Financial on Euro 30 million inter-group term loan facility.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised a major Ukrainian alcohol producer in connection with a RUB 172 million credit facility from Moscovsky Megdunarodny Bank.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank and Fortis Bank N.V. on the commodity based pledge agreement ancillary to USD 230 million Credit Facilities Agreements to a major Dutch dairy producer and its related parties.
Commercial Law and Contracts (PDF)
Kiev: +380 (0)44 490-5400
Key contact in Moscow
+7 (926) 475-15-65
Commercial law & contracts
- Antidumping investigations
- International business transactions
- International arbitration and other forms of ADR
- Capital markets
- Labor issues
- Competition law
- Corporate law
- Securities and financial institutions
Related market segments
- Energy and power
- Investments/equity market
- Tobacco and spirits