Konnov & Sozanovsky Attorneys at Law render a broad scope of services in the sphere of taxation. Our specialists from Ukraine, Russia, Cyprus and England have a solid experience in international deals support. When advising the client we always proceed from the key aspects of its business, tax position and economic activity both inside and outside the jurisdiction of Ukraine.
Konnov & Sozanovsky is recommended among 2nd tier law firms in the sphere of tax law according to the Legal 500 2009 and was recognized as one of the best Tax Firms in Ukraine by the Ukrainian Legal Awards 2009. In addition, Konnov & Sozanovsky was nominated for the Law Firm of the Year in Ukraine at the European Tax Awards ceremony hosted by International Tax Review in 2009 and 2010.
- Advising clients on collection of VAT and other indirect taxes on the territory of Ukraine
- Advising on taxation of export and import transactions
- Servicing of VAT refund issues
- Providing corporate tax advice for all types of transactions. Regardless of the constant amendments to the tax legislation and inconsistency thereof, our lawyers offer comprehensive tax advice in various sectors including, but not limited to:
- Banking & Finance
- Investment Funds
- IP, Telecommunications and Media
- Real Estate and Construction
- Advising on taxation of both domestic and international companies and representative offices thereof in Ukraine;
- Advising on application of international tax treaties on prevention of double taxation.
Corporate Tax Planning
- Corporate tax structuring
- Business restructuring with due account of optimal tax implications
- Tax planning, in particular development of tax efficient structures for different types of transactions
- Tax planning inside and outside the jurisdiction of Ukraine
- Implementation of the developed structures
Individual Tax Planning
- Personal income and expenses planning;
- Maintenance of tax records, filing of tax returns
Disputes with Tax Authorities
- Legal support of clients during inspections conducted by tax and other controlling authorities (police and tax police, customs authorities, bodies of the Security Service of Ukraine and prosecutor’s office etc.)
- Legal support of clients when appealling decisions of tax authorities and other controlling authorities within administrative procedures
- Tax litigation
- Execution of judgments
- Advising on cooperation with tax and controlling authorities of foreign countries
Specialists of the tax department consult leading international and Ukrainian companies such as Canon, Caterpillar Financial, Celenia Software, GTS, Microsoft, SIPA, Tupperware, ZARA Ukraine, «Agro-Soyuz » Corporation, Oriflame Ukraine, Star Media Group, Film UA, Unilever Ukraine.
Our recent cases:
Konnov & Sozanovsky acted as a legal counsel to Agro-Soyuz Corporation, the leader in the agricultural industry and farm machinery, on attraction of investments in the amount of USD 40 million from the leading private equity fund management company Horizon Capital, and on issues of corporate and tax restructuring of the client’s group of companies. A team of lawyers advised the client on establishment of an efficient corporate structure and corporate restructuring of a group of Ukrainian companies, as well as implementation of the structure based on corporate and tax aspects.
Konnov & Sozanovsky acted as a legal counsel to ARSH group of companies (Address.ua), working in the IP sphere, on issues of corporate restructuring, transfer of IP assets as well as sale of a stake in the group to foreign investors. Within the transaction a team of lawyers drafted transactional documents needed for corporate restructuring and developed a mechanism for transferring IP assets to a newly established Cyprus holding company.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised UkrTelemont Group on its corporate and tax restructuring as well as on attraction of financing from a foreign investor. UkrTelemont Group is active in the area of construction of mobile communication networks and infrastructure in Ukraine. Within the scope of this project the tax team of Konnov & Sozanovsky advised the client on issues of corporate and tax restructuring resulting in the incorporation of a holding company in Cyprus and further transfer of Ukrainian assets thereto.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised a construction holding, which includes 10 companies of different corporate types and forms of ownership active in the power industry, on corporate restructuring and attraction of investments from a foreign investor. Within the scope of this project tax experts of Konnov & Sozanovsky: a) advised the client on the choice of foreign jurisdictions for establishment of a holding and sub-holding companies; b) advised on the mechanism for transferring assets to newly established foreign companies; c) provided on-going support in tax, corporate and antimonopoly issues.
Konnov & Sozanovsky acted as a legal counsel to Star Media in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Ukrainian and Russian TV production and film making companies. In addition to the development of a corporate and tax scheme for assets’ acquisition, tax lawyers of Konnov & Sozanovsky: a) advised the client on the choice of foreign jurisdictions for establishment of holding and sub-holding companies; b) elaborated a scheme for Ukrainian assets’ transfer to foreign companies.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Star Media Group which includes Ukrainian and Russian companies in the field of TV and film production on its corporate and tax restructuring resulting in the establishment of more than ten companies in foreign jurisdictions. Within the scope of this project tax experts of Konnov & Sozanovsky: a) advised the client on the choice of foreign jurisdiction; b) developed a scheme of Ukrainian assets’ transfer to foreign holding and/or sub-holding companies.
Konnov & Sozanovsky acted as a legal counsel to the largest Ukrainian alcohol producer, the group of which includes almost 40 companies within 8 jurisdictions, on establishment of an efficient tax corporate structure. Within the scope of this project lawyers of Konnov & Sozanovsky: a) advised the client on the choice of foreign jurisdictions for establishment of a holding and sub-holding companies; b) consulted the client on the mechanism for transferring assets to newly established foreign companies; c) provided on-going support in tax, corporate and antimonopoly issues.
Tax Law (PDF)
Property Tax (PDF) (in Russian)
Tax return filing (PDF) (in Russian)
Kiev: +380 (0)44 490-5400
Key contact in Moscow
+7 (926) 475-15-65
- Banking and finance
- Equity markets
- Real estate, construction and land law
Related market segments
- Investments/equity market
- Real estate
- Tobacco and spirits