Konnov and Sozanovsky’s real estate department has an extensive experience in all aspects of planning, architectural, investment and construction activities. Our lawyers render legal support to major national and international clients in the field of real estate, construction and land law.
- Analysis, negotiation and completion of various types of agreements including sale and purchase, lease, mortgage and other agreements;
- Drafting of agreements covering transactions in the field of real estate.
Registration of legal titles on real estate
- Servicing land plot allocation procedures;
- Legal support of real estate title registration procedures.
Legal support of development projects
- Servicing the procedure of obtaining permitting documents for construction, reconstruction and repair projects;
- Drafting of agreements on the development of an object concept, the best-use of territory, market researches;
- Advising on holding of tenders aimed at the selection of organizations for performing general contracts on design and construction;
- Drafting of general contracts on design and constructions, other contracts.
- Legal examination of title documents on real estate objects
- Analysis of risks of participation in construction taking into account specific features of certain real estate objects
- Advising on issues of changing the target use of land plots;
- Advising on issues of real estate taxation;
- Advising on issues of real estate objects management;
- Advising on efficient tools of investment in the field of construction;
- Advising on putting construction objects into operation;
- Legal support to foreign citizens, foreign and international companies, embassies and other subjects of private and public law on real estate related issues;
- Legal support to legal entities and individuals on planning of construction projects, approval of project documentation, conclusion of contracts and on other aspects of organization and carrying out of the construction process.
Financial services in the field of real estate
- Legal support of refinancing the real estate loans;
- Representation of clients in litigation proceedings concerning real estate loans;
- Creation of refinancing schemes using securities and alternative loan mechanisms for market players.
- Representation of clients’ interests before state and municipal authorities (Land Resources Agency, planning and architecture bodies, Securities and Stock Market State Commission, National Bank of Ukraine etc);
- Representation of clients’ interests in negotiations and performance of other legal procedures related to operations with all types of real estate;
- Representation of clients’ interests in courts of general jurisdiction.
Specialists of real estate department provide consultations to leading international and Ukrainian companies such as Microsoft Ukraine, Oriflame Cosmetics Ukraine, Tupperware, Star Media, Film UA and others.
Our recent cases are:
Konnov & Sozanovsky conducted legal due diligence of Yalta Film company. Yalta Film is a major Ukrainian movie producer which, in particular, is known for its recent film ‘Safo’. The real estate department of Konnov & Sozanovsky led such areas of the due diligence exercise as legal audit of non-residential premises lease agreements and analysis of rights with regard to land plots in Crimea and Kiev regions.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised the overseas Olimpia Real Estate Holding LTD on its buyout of a major Ukrainian land owner. The real estate department of Konnov & Sozanovsky investigated regulatory compliance requirements in the process of obtaining rights on real estate objects and land plots by the Ukrainian Company. The real estate department of Konnov & Sozanovsky took part in the elaboration of the purchase structure of the Ukrainian company.
Konnov & Sozanovsky acted as a legal counsel to Star Media in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Ukrainian and Russian TV production and film making companies. The Star Media group includes Ukrainian and Russian companies, the number of which has been growing continuously. The real estate department of Konnov & Sozanovsky led such areas of the due diligence exercise as: analysis of rights in respect of land plots and real estate objects and regulatory compliance with the land legislation.
Konnov & Sozanovsky, First Law International exclusive partner law firm in Ukraine, and the law firms Linklaters (Poland), Alrud (the Russian Federation) and Grata (Kazahstan) acted as Ukrainian legal counsel to FLI’s client NFI Empik Media & Fashion on the acquisition of the Maratex group of companies, an owner of retail network of stores of casual dress (Esprit and Peacocks). The real estate team of Konnov & Sozanovsky led such areas of the due diligence exercise as: analysis of rights in respect of real estate objects and regulatory compliance.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised the purchaser on USD 11 million acquisition of non-residential premises in the centre of Kiev. The real estate team conducted the preliminary legal audit of title documents on the premises, drafted the purchase agreements.
Konnov & Sozanovsky successfully represented the interests of the Ukrainian company, belonging to a big Lithuanian development holding, in the economic court of Kiev.
Real Estate, Construction, Land Law and Financial Services (PDF)
New rules of real estate registration (2013) (in Russian)
Kiev: +380 (0)44 490-5400
Key contact in Moscow
+7 (926) 475-15-65
Real estate, construction and land law
- Tax law
- Banking and finance
- Equity markets
Related market segments
- Investments/equity market
- Real estate
- Tobacco and spirits