Konnov & Sozanovsky has strong litigation experience in all key practice areas of intellectual property, including trademarks, patents, copyright, and related unfair competition matters. We represent clients before courts, Antimonopoly Committee, State Customs Office, State Intellectual Property Department etc. We also provide traditional IP services including all types of patent and trademark search, preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications, IP rights renewal and maintenance. Our lawyers deal with licensing and assignment, handle related negotiations. We also help our clients to develop corporate IP strategies, programs and use policies.
Legal Assistance with Agreements regarding the Exercise/Assignment of Industrial Property Rights
- Advising clients on matt ers involving assignment or acquisition of intellectual property rights, including tax issues associated with such transactions
- Examination and preparation of licensing agreements, commercial concession contracts (franchising), assignment contracts and registration of such contracts
- Representing clients in negotiations related to assignment or acquisition of industrial property rights
- Legal due diligence of documents on the acquisition and exercise of rights in industrial property objects
Protection Against Unfair Competition
- Advising clients on matters involving protection against unfair competition
- Representing clients before the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine and courts of all instances
Protection of Rights to Industrial Property Objects
- Advising clients on issues regarding protection of rights in industrial property objects
- Developing strategies and schemes of protection of rights in industrial property objects
- Representing clients in negotiations on restraint of violations of rights in industrial property objects
- Representing clients in courts of all levels, including inter alia preparation of service documents
Protection of Industrial Property Rights in the Custom Authorities of Ukraine
- Registration of intellectual property objects in the State Customs Service of Ukraine with a view to preventing the unlawful import/export of such objects
- Representing clients in the customs authorities of Ukraine
Registration of Trade Marks, Inventions, Utility Models, Industrial Designs
- Advising clients on registration of industrial property objects, and determination of an optimal strategy for the registration of the objects concerned
- Preparation, filling, and legal support of applications for the registration of trade marks, inventions, utility models, industrial designs, including applications for the international registration
- Appeal against decisions of the Patent Office concerning applications for the registration of industrial property objects
- Legal support for registration of trade marks, inventions, utility models, industrial designs in foreign countries
Specialists of IP department provide consultations to leading international and Ukrainian companies such as Canon, DHL Ukraine, GTS Energis, LG Electronics Ukraine, Microsoft Ukraine, Tupperware, Star Media Group, Film UA.
Our recent cases are:
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Microsoft on matters related to distribution of information and email messages; promotional media project with respect to software products; issues related to registration and use of domain names; software licensing, collaboration in the area of software development and deployment.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Schering-Plough on the project related to placement of information in the Internet, including advertising issues.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Star Media on a number of issues related to TV-production and distribution; drafting respective agreements with staff and partners, IP due diligence.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Celenia Software on a dispute related to use of information and intellectual property on the Internet resources.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Soremartec S.A. – a company of Ferrero Group – on a matter related to unfair competition (use of the packing which is an imitation of the trade dress for well-known “Raffaello” products). Ms. Semeniy represented the client before the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine and various courts.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Valsir (Italian manufacturer of sanitary equipment) on anti-counterfeiting measures against import and sale of counterfeit sanitary equipment under imitation of client’s trademarks.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Maratex Ukraine on development of various agreements (licensing, franchising).
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Mitsubishi Corporation on the issues related to use of the intellectual property objects in Ukraine, including issues related to use of software.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Travel Firm “Yana” – one of the major travel agencies in Ukraine – on preparing the agreement regarding development and use of software for tourist business.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Hugo Boss on the issues related to franchising activities.
Konnov & Sozanovsky advised Film UA – a Ukrainian company active in the TV- and movie production – on issues related to registration of trademarks in the European Community, in particular drafting and negotiating coexistence agreements with other market players.
Attorney at law
Kiev: +380 (0)44 490-5400+380 (0)44 490-5400
Key contact in Moscow
+7 (926) 475-15-65
Industrial property law
- IP litigation
- Unfair competition matters
- Trademark prosecution
- Advice on IP matters
- Copyright and media law
Related market segments
- Food industry
- Light industry
- Tobacco and spirits